Highly Capable Program
The Okanogan School District's Highly Capable program is a state-funded program that provides appropriate educational program options for students who demonstrate academic abilities beyond the norm.
Okanogan School District provides instruction, activities, and services that accelerate learning for our students identified as Highly Capable. October 1st-30th, 2020 is our nomination window for the 20-21 school year. Nomination packets are available through the link below or at the District Office on Rose St. in Okanogan. Nominations can be made by parents, teachers or community members.
Some Highly Capable opportunities we provide:
- College in the High School classes
- Online courses for subject acceleration
- Supplemental academic competitions
- Robotics Club
- Summer STEM Camp invention
- Supplemental after school services and extra-curricular academic activities
- NCW spelling bee
- Math is Cool
- Enrichment independent projects
- Supplemental materials in area of interest
- Cluster grouping
Please contact the Okanogan School District, 509-422-3629, with further questions.